I'm always down for trying new recipes and this one is definitely intriguing. It includes two of my summertime favorites: avocados and margaritas. (Anyone who knows me knows I'm at least 70% avocado). So, this is on my short list of cocktails to try this upcoming weekend. It also has a salt and chili powder rimmed glass so it's basically like the new Bloody Mary. It's said to be creamy, sweet with a hint of spice from the rim. This recipe can be modified to have over ice as well. I'll give ya'll an update once I've had it for myself but I have a good feeling about this one.
Serving: 6 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Mixing time: 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup tequila
- ½ cup lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup (see Pro Tip)
- 1 avocado, pitted and flesh scooped
- 3 cups ice cubes
- jalapeño peppers for garnish (optional)
- Combine salt and chili powder on a small plate.
- Place tequila, lime juice, triple sec, simple syrup, avocado and ice cubes in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Rub the rims of 6 glasses with a lime wedge and dip in the salt mixture. Fill the glasses with the tequila mixture.
PRO TIP: To make your own simple syrup, bring 1 cup of palm, date or cane sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Let cool for 30 minutes and then refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour. Makes about 1½ cups.
Per serving: 224 calories; 5 g fat(1 g sat); 2 g fiber; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 29 mcg folate; 0 cholesterol; 11 g sugars; 11 g added sugars; 126 IU vitamin A; 9 mg vitamin C; 8 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 11 mg sodium; 194 mg potassium
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1½ alcohol equivalent, 1 fat, ½ other carbohydrate
Read more at eatingwell.com
Photo cred: fitnessmagazine.com